'Wheels to Help Me' Loan Programne
Available in the US and UK
Dealing with the heartbreak
of DM is both stressful and costly. Helping your companion to cope with
the paralysis that comes with the disease, by the use of special equipment can help your companion to have a better quality of life.
This equipment can include Wheelchairs (carts) special harnesses, boots, life vests, and ramps to help both you and your companion to be more mobile as the disease progresses. These pieces of equipment can be very costly and in the end, their use can be short lived due to the progression of the paralysis and of the disease.
The Finding the Cure for DM Foundation's 'Wheels to Help Me' program is
designed to help those with a fixed or limited income and are not able
to afford the expense.
- Use the Measurement Chart below to take measurements of your dog
- Take the weight of your dog
- Then complete our Application form where it says 'APPLY HERE' below.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO ADD YOUR DOGS MEASUREMENTS and WEIGHT in the APPLICATION COMMENTS SECTION!
- US CARTS DONATION - 150 USD (This includes a refundable deposit of 75 USD upon return of the cart)
- UK CARTS DONATION - 75 USD (approx. conversion £57 depending on rate of conversion at the time).
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED MEASUREMENTS BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM. We can not try to find a cart to help your pup without them!
(please ensure any measurements you take are as accurate as possible as some carts have sections that are not adjustable, and it is important so they can fit your dog as well as possible)
EQUIPMENT APPLICATION FORM
PLEASE SEE ABOVE BEFORE APPLYING FOR A CART!
While we can not guarantee we have suitable equipment, we will do all within our power to help you find it.
IMPORTANT: When you have submitted your application, please CHECK YOUR EMAIL regularly as this will be how we contact you
TO DONATE EQUIPMENT:
If you or someone you know, have gone full circle with your companion and have any equipment in good working condition
that is no longer needed, Finding the Cure for DM Foundation will
accept your items as donations to help other dogs with DM continue to have a better quality of life.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (US)